Monday, November 9, 2015

Taking Stock of your Writing

1) My thesis consisted of the main idea that advertisers were and are trying to trick us on a daily, to purchase their products. After researching ads, I found 3 all 30 years apart that all conveyed the same message. In order to be considered beautiful and happy you must strive to be the center of attention.

2) The audience I am targeting are mainly young women. As young people, we already easily fall prey to misleading ads that are  intended to make us think and feel bad about ourselves or that we aren't good enough. As young women ads use beauty and fashion to directly stem these thoughts and feelings. Quite frankly for some beauty and fashion make us feel best about ourselves, which is why the advertisers words typically do some work to a majority of young women. I can assume if young women were to read my essay, they would agree with my words.

3) I think I have organized my analysis quite well. I began with an introduction to clarify my main points and thesis. I also stated what all of my ads had in common, and then in their own individual paragraphs, explained them in great detail. I finished with a conclusion to restate my thesis and tie all the ads together.

4) In terms of evidence, I feel I could have included more examples. But, I felt satisfied with what I did include in my analysis.

5) I think that in every paper I write, I am especially talented with creating a lot of detail and throughly explaining my main points. Detail is very important to making your paper interesting to read, so I find that that really helps me in my writing.

6)  In writing there's always room for improvement. Not everything you produce will be perfect, and minor tweaks will always have to be made. I think the overall polishing could've been upgraded a bit, most likely because when I write on a limited time schedule, my best work doesn't always show.

7) For my visuals I included my three advertisements. They of course enhanced my analysis, because they were visual representations of what I was basing my thesis off of. Words to explain your main points always help, as well as having visuals so the reader can actually understand what you're writing about.

8) After having peers read my writing, I gained a bit of confidence knowing that my paper was an interesting read to them. Also, listening to what others would change helps so much with the final polishing process of the paper.

9)  The only thing I would do next time is allow myself more time to go through several editing processes for my paper. We all fall guilty to procrastination, but the reality is that if you allow yourself time to make changes everyday to your paper, the outcome will be much better.

10) I'm very happy with how my analysis came out, because I wrote a topic that I do actually feel strongly about. I learned how just one advertisement can contain so many other hidden messages, and the methods advertisers use to trick young women into buying their products are actually pretty evil.

11) The skills I can take away from this writing assignment are plentiful. First of all time management has to be number one. Reserving time for important assignments is the key to acing them. If you try and scramble at the last minute, your paper may not turn out how you wanted it to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment